8.01.2007

GOL! GOOOOLLLLLL! GOOOOLLLLL!

I used to watch the majority of my footie live, cheering for DC United at RFK stadium, or at bars, with my crew of fellow Gooners. Lately though, with the onslaught of international futbol tournaments -think Copa de Oro, Copa America, and the current SuperLiga- I've been turning more and more to Telefutura. While I don't really know what commentators are saying, there is one phrase I do know, and, after LA Galaxy's 6-5 win over FC Dallas, it's something I hear alot... GOL! GOOOLLLLLLLL (hold for 45 seconds)! GOOOOLLLL!

In fact, I love it so much that I have found myself screaming it at the slightest success, football related or not. Clean laundy? Gol! Go home early from work? Gol! In fact, as I finally throw out my Zack Morris Brick phone and move on to newer models with polyphonic ringtones, I have decided to adopt a new ring tone and could think of nothing better than the most natural celebration I know, a universal shout of joy: GOL!

There are a range of Gol celebrations on this site, but my personal favorite is "Mexico Vs. USA." Now imagine that going off in a crowded movie theater.

No comments: